There’s a place for those who go and there is a place for those, who for various reasons, are unable to go; but whose hearts are with those who go. Through your prayer, commitment, obedience, finances and faith you stand with us so that God’s purposes are accomplished. Adonai Partners provide an opportunities for you to invest your time and skills in the lives of the poor and underprivileged in Africa.
Established in October 2006, Adonai Partners has been strategically positioned to touch a hurting world, the poor and the vulnerable people, with God’s love giving people a lift out of their conditions with compassionate action. Inspired by our Christian values, we are committed to working with some of Africa’s most vulnerable communities with the goal of human transformation and serving all people in love regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Adonai Partners is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit Christian mission and development organization working with vulnerable communities to address the needs of those affected by disease, war, and extreme poverty in practical ways, bringing hope through our medical, educational, spiritual, and other community-based programs. This internship opportunity will contribute to your professional development by building your knowledge and skills. Furthermore, it will enable you to practice your values of compassion, equality, and justice, and offers opportunities for personal reflection and change. Lastly, it will give you an opportunity to see and be a part of what the Lord is doing in Africa.
- Provide accounting support services using Intuit’s QuickBooks for Adonai Partners financial activities. Perform monthly bank reconciliations for the organization’s checking account.
- Database management using Microsoft Access, review and update the database of Adonai Partners donors containing names, postal addresses, email addresses and other vital information of each donor; and prepare profiles for significant donors.
- Research potential donors or organizations interested in funding/sponsoring some combination of the following: a faith-based organization, health, children, micro finance, vocational/technical skills building initiatives, or water projects in Africa.
- Make follow-up fund raising calls to inquire a) if they have received a funding request letter from Adonai Partners; and b) whether they plan to donate money to support our mission projects in Africa; and c) call those who already supported to thank them.
- Research, develop, and maintain a database of African organizations in the US such as African churches, churches with interest in the transformation of Africa, mission or other para-church organizations, and individuals that might be interested in supporting the work of Adonai Partners
- Research, develop, and maintain a database of foundations and large donors that Adonai Partners may approach for grants and support.
- Develop and maintain a database of missionaries serving among Unreached People in Africa for use in promoting Adonai Partners prayer events.
- Contribute towards grant writing and other fund raising efforts through the identification of funding sources, preparation of good proposals/grant seeking packages for submission to foundations and corporate donors.
The Accounting Intern position requires a self-starter and effective communicator with computer skills and a keen ability for accuracy and efficiency in supporting our book-keeping or accounting activities, specifically:
- Two years progressive college education in accounting and/or relevant book-keeping experience
- Proficient in the use of Intuit’s QuickBooks for recording transactions and bank reconciliation statements
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills, and an ability to prioritize
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Commitment to work for a minimum of 15 hours weekly, remotely or onsite
- Positive references
Additionally, an intimate relationship with Christ and a passion for international development is a shared experience of those who serve with Adonai Partners. We seek to maintain a work environment that is friendly, enthusiastic, creative, responsive, highly motivated, and team oriented.